free website stats program 2003 Road King, Trouble Starting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King, Trouble Starting

I missed the last part of your post.

In the past 2 weeks:

The motor got a lot done, I dont know all the parts but I know it got new heads, pistons, and cam. i would imagin it got all the other parts that go alont with that kind of thing. Harley did all this work

New plug wires
New coil
New CPS
New High torque Starter
New handlebars

I know the tank was removed at least twice in this time. Also he said he has ran two tanks of gas through it since. Once it starts it runs fine, its just starting it that's the issue.

And thanks for you guys time, we appreciate it.

My '03 RKC did the same thing. Apparently, it was due to small holes in the fuel line, inside the tank. In the early stages, it was hard to start, but ran fine once started (at least it seems to run fine. I had no base line since it was that way when I bought her). Later, it appeared to hiss in the tank, if I started it and let her run for just a bit after starting. Finally, she got to the place where she did not want to run when starting to move from a stop.

Replacing the fuel line solved all of those symptoms, especially she wants to fire right up on the 1st rotation. I don't know if yours is the same thing. I just mention it, due to my own experience with similar symptoms. A quick check of your fuel rail pressure will indicate or eliminate this problem.

Good luck,
Rich P

Back