free website stats program 2002 FLHRCI fuel system issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 FLHRCI fuel system issues

massmikey

Machine has 16k miles. 500 or so miles ago I started to notice rideability issues when and only wnen the tank drops to half full. The engines will gasp strongly every 10=20 seconds when bike is stopped at a light. Low rpm in every gear is accompanied by slight bucking. Popping from exhaust is more frequent than usual upon decelleration. Fill the tank and the problem s disappear. Thanks in advance folks.

Can you explain why that specific problem would only occur when the tank is half full? Thanks for your input, I will check the lines before todays ride. I'm thinking fuel filter but I have a feeling that isnt going to be sitting right there in front and easily reached. Is a FF replacement something I should be able to do being somewhat handy? Thanks again!

And thanks for the self help link...I'm fresh here and havn't seen the whole house yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And thanks for the self help link...I'm fresh here and havn't seen the whole house yet.

Welcome to the Forum, The self help section is loaded with good info on the type of problem you are having, pretty common thing

Back