free website stats program 2002 Electra Glide Un-Lower? | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Electra Glide Un-Lower?

Foxman

Hey there,
Just wanted to see if this has been done and what may be required. I bought this bike with a "2 inch lowering kit" on the rear and am tired of the tire scraping my rear fender when I hit dips in the road, so I'd like to put the rear back at stock height. I think this is the shock re-location mount on the rear shock style of lowering kit. Do I need to replace the hardware with stock hardware, or jusst remove the lowering mount and re-use the shock bolt in stock location? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hey there,
Just wanted to see if this has been done and what may be required. I bought this bike with a "2 inch lowering kit" on the rear and am tired of the tire scraping my rear fender when I hit dips in the road, so I'd like to put the rear back at stock height. I think this is the shock re-location mount on the rear shock style of lowering kit. Do I need to replace the hardware with stock hardware, or jusst remove the lowering mount and re-use the shock bolt in stock location? Thanks for any suggestions.

Remove the lowering block and re install shock to original mount hole with new bolt and lock washer use a torque wrench:s

You'll be glad you did too. The ride almost has to improve. Not even taking handling into account. Is the front lowered? If so you may consider un-lowering it too.

Back