free website stats program 2001 road king tssm won't start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 road king tssm won't start

Question. Are the turn signals still operable? Have you checked for fire to the cylinders? I am leaning towards the BAS. Could be wrong. Have been alot...LOL

Yes the turn signals were/are working. The fobs can arm/disarm the alarm. And the password I set can disarm the alarm as well. Is a BAS a bank angle sensor? Is that part of the TSSM? I opened up the old one thinking I would see a mercury switch or something like it, but its all solid state. When the technology first came out the company media described it as silicon based accelerometer, I believe.

Update....Re: 2001 road king tssm won't start

Update. I want to thank each and everyone of you who posted, read, or thought about posting to my thread. I tried all of your ideas, but the problem still persisted. I have exhausted my patients and skills on this one. I have delivered my beloved Road King to the dealer. Surprising to me, they are booked up and my appointment is for March 5. Was told they might be able to get to it sooner if they can. I will try to remember to come back here and tell you all what I know, when I know it. Wish me luck, their shop rate is 119$ an hour.:(

Re: Update....Re: 2001 road king tssm won't start

Update. I want to thank each and everyone of you who posted, read, or thought about posting to my thread. I tried all of your ideas, but the problem still persisted. I have exhausted my patients and skills on this one. I have delivered my beloved Road King to the dealer. Surprising to me, they are booked up and my appointment is for March 5. Was told they might be able to get to it sooner if they can. I will try to remember to come back here and tell you all what I know, when I know it. Wish me luck, their shop rate is 119$ an hour.:(

At that rate, hopefully luck is not involved. Let us know what happens.

Re: Update....Re: 2001 road king tssm won't start

At that rate, hopefully luck is not involved. Let us know what happens.

Thank you, I will.
I didn't know there are F.I. fuses under the right side cover, so mabe...
My worry now is I fried the computer when I got a spark tring to jump the datalink looking for codes. The TSSM was 280$ the estimate to check the security system is 238$, and a computer modual is about five bills. I'll just have to wait to see how much top ramin I'll be eating:p. Its the price we pay to have nice stuff.

Re: 2001 road king tssm won't start-Fixed

Hi Good people. Here is an update. Today I got a call from the dealer to tell me my ride was ready....Wait, lets back up a bit. As you recall after an alarm problem, I changed the TSSM. Then I tried to pull codes and sparked my datalink connector. After much head scratching I put the bike in the truck and drove to the closest dealer. Then, and only then I took a look at the owners manual, and what did I find? That funny looking thing under the right side cover is a fuse holder. It holds two fueses, one for the fuel pump and one for the brain. I thought to my self "why do I have 20/20 vision in the rear view mirror?" I think you already know how this ends. Yes, I'm glad it wasn't the brain (500$ + install), But I think I should have found the blown fuse keeping the fuel pump from working, and kept the 125$ in my pocket. Let me tell you, experiance is a cruel teacher, the test comes first and then you get the lesson. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for all the imput. 'sposed to be sunny mid 60's this weekend, I think I'll go for a ride:D

Re: 2001 road king tssm won't start-Fixed

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you are back on the road.

Back