free website stats program 2 Starters in 2 years | Harley Davidson Forums

2 Starters in 2 years

burdes

I have an 06 EGC and just replaced the starter for the 2nd time. The last one was installed 13 months ago. I'm talking to the serv mgr at Harley, today when I pick it up. Will update when I get some answers. Just doesn't seem right! What do you think?

I have an 06 EGC and just replaced the starter for the 2nd time. The last one was installed 13 months ago. I'm talking to the serv mgr at Harley, today when I pick it up. Will update when I get some answers. Just doesn't seem right! What do you think?

I spoke with the tech and he said last time they replaced the bendix, this time the whole starter. He had no explanation either. I'm going to monitor and return it at the first sign (or sound) if it doesn't seem right. They did evaluate the and tweaked the map on the PCIII (no charge) and gave me a 10% discount on the price of the starter. With my HOG 10% reward, I basically saved 20%, so I think they were fair.

I've been doing business at this dealership for 5 years and they have always been fair and honest.

Sounds to me more like they put a bandaid on it till your 2 year warranty ran out.No way you replace a starter on an 06 anything...Well maybe a Hyiundai.Sorry but Id be pitching a pretty good stink over this.

Back