free website stats program 1999 ultra dies and electric goes out while riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 ultra dies and electric goes out while riding

Do you have a battery tender? I had the same issue until I took ot off and the problem went away....
WAP.gif

just to let you all know i didnt bail on the forum, i just got the switch today and will be installing it tomorrow. just for grins i'm going to install a new power relay and put all the others back in their original spots. only question now will be wheather or not the temps come up where i can really test it. anyway, i'll post here after a couple of test rides.
thanks again for all the help.

let you all know if we have a winner, or if the search must continue.

I am not telling you how to troubleshoot your bike but it shouldn't be a "search". Your changing parts without first taking or making any simple meter tests. Sure you may nail it on the first try, but the odds are not in your favor.
You may not be a technical guy and all you want is the bike fixed. I can understand that.
But when your a tech, the measuring scale on how good you are is replacing needless parts. The worse thing that can happen to me is replacing a part that didn't correct, improve or fix anything. But that's me....

I am betting the ignition switch doesn't fix it.

I am not telling you how to troubleshoot your bike but it shouldn't be a "search". Your changing parts without first taking or making any simple meter tests. Sure you may nail it on the first try, but the odds are not in your favor.
You may not be a technical guy and all you want is the bike fixed. I can understand that.
But when your a tech, the measuring scale on how good you are is replacing needless parts. The worse thing that can happen to me is replacing a part that didn't correct, improve or fix anything. But that's me....

I am betting the ignition switch doesn't fix it.

Cause and affect, I agree 110 with Hoople, simple basic tests first, any parts you throw at it may fix the problem but if you do more than 1 part you may NEVER know for sure, JMO

Back