free website stats program 1999 FLHRCI Roadking Classic not injecting fuel | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 FLHRCI Roadking Classic not injecting fuel

Olschool

Replaced Throttle and idle cables, and after putting back together I do not hear the whine of the fuel injection, and as a result the bike is not starting. In replacing the cables, I lifted the tank up a bit to feed the cables through and obviously did something that caused the issue. I am certain this is a simple fix, and wondering if anyone could provide a little guidance.

Replacing the cables would not affect the fuel pump, most likely the power wire to the pump came disconnected or you may have pinched a wire when reinstalling the tank.

You may want to check for a blown fuse as well.

Replacing the cables would not affect the fuel pump, most likely the power wire to the pump came disconnected or you may have pinched a wire when reinstalling the tank.

You may want to check for a blown fuse as well.
Thanks Jeff. As I stated, it was likely something I did when lifting the tank. You mentioned the power wire to the pump. That sounds right. Where would that cable be found on my 99 Roadking?

I'm going to defer to the Road king owners so as to not lead you wrong on the 1999 Road King.
It does however sound like you may have pinched a wire at reassemble, easy to do.
Do you have the repair manual for that model year? if not you should pick one up as that will be your best friend when it comes to learning your scoot.

E bay would be a good place to check for the manual.

check for a yellow/w green stripe. On many of the touring bikes it has a (white) connector at the base of the fuel tank, single wire, single connector. Typically one will disconnect this when removing the tank.

The fuse panel is behind the left side cover. It should have a diagram showing which fuse is where.

I'm going to defer to the Road king owners so as to not lead you wrong on the 1999 Road King.
It does however sound like you may have pinched a wire at reassemble, easy to do.
Do you have the repair manual for that model year? if not you should pick one up as that will be your best friend when it comes to learning your scoot.

E bay would be a good place to check for the manual.
Agree...Have one. Has been a good friend. Unfortunately, not many pics to relate to the information. Thanks for your input.

check for a yellow/w green stripe. On many of the touring bikes it has a (white) connector at the base of the fuel tank, single wire, single connector. Typically one will disconnect this when removing the tank.
Will do and let you know. Thx

The fuse panel is behind the left side cover. It should have a diagram showing which fuse is where.
Yes had already check fuse...fuse good.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this thread I will add my personal experience on a 03 RKC with some run ability and starting issues.
I found on mine that the plug in connector to the ignition switch was partly unplugged.

Back