free website stats program 1996 FXDWG EV2 80 cu.in.Screaming eagle heads stock pistons | Harley Davidson Forums

1996 FXDWG EV2 80 cu.in.Screaming eagle heads stock pistons

HSR42 WITH dyna wide glide STOCK breather cover with K/N filter.

stock fuel pump diagphram type

HSR42
MJ-162.5
F.N #96- circa clip on 3rd. count down from blunt end
P.N. #70
P.J. #20
new spigot intake manifold boot..

Thunderheader exhaust...no leaks in exhaust gaskets, no air leaks in intake manifold at head areas..used starting fluid to check "no change in idle"... new spigot intake manifold boot.. mid range popping domintely at 55 mph down ward to 30 mph pops during shifting...

have tried other jetting, scenerios 165 mj - 97 Fuel needle c-CLIP on 2nd PUMP #70 and #60 popping more on low end no popping at mid 50's decel...
others told me not here on forum "lean if ya have carb cough" rich if ya have exhaust popping" need input...read all their is to HSR42'S still missing something...

thanks Gus

Moved thread to a more suitable area for the question

Brian

Thanks for the information.....and Yes we looked at the HSR42 Tuning guide for sure... used it several times on other Rice shredders.... we have in our shop...1 of the bikes having a bung welded in the exhaust made it easier to tune with the wide band 2 Innovator.

as for my issue on the FXDWG 80 EVO2 with exhaust popping we've narrowed it down to setting circ-clip on 2nd slot on HSR42 Fuel needle #96 Air to fuel jet screw adjusted out 2.5 turns from seated position, although popping is less than before, might have to drop the PJ. to 17.5 or leave in the existing 20.0 pilot jet... and add a 1/2 barrel spacer between cover and K/N Filter to allow more air in.

On my 92 softail the air box was very restrictive I used a 1" hole saw and cut some holes in the plastic part of the air box to allow some extra air to flow as an interim measure when I first fitted the mikuni carb
Mikuni does make an air cleaner cover with an open section to allow for more air flow
Screaming eagle back plate and air cleaner can be used to allow higher air flow I have this setup on my dyna and on my softail I have a mikuni back plate and filter setup both work well and flow sufficient air

Brian

HSR42 WITH dyna wide glide STOCK breather cover with K/N filter.

stock fuel pump diagphram type

HSR42
MJ-162.5
F.N #96- circa clip on 2rd. count down from blunt end
P.N. #70
P.J. #20
new spigot intake manifold boot..

Thunderheader exhaust...no air leaks in intake manifold at head areas..used starting fluid to check "no change in idle"... new spigot intake manifold boot.. mid range popping domintely at 55 mph down ward to 30 mph pops during shifting... Issue found I had to install header pipe gaskets and opened up the internal baffle cone 4ea. fins inside the Thunderheader muffler

Finally performed Dyno run #325 A.S.L - Run conditions: Temp -66.46 - Humidity 58% - STD 1.00

perfomed a (3 pass dyno run) 1st. pass set the baseline, engine found to be running lean, so I changed the mainjet to #165, performed 2nd Dyno run... somewhat better, although lacking fuel delivery, adjusted the circa clip to 4th position on the #96 fuel needle, Run Conditions #325 A.S.L - Temp degrees 66.46 - Humidity 58% - STD 1.00

nothing to brag about, still good numbers for performance and mileage
Max Power 74.93 and Torque 80.92

although power peaked out at 4300 RPM's next will install the Twin Tec internal ignition kit for optimun performance.

Back