free website stats program 1995 softail inner primary bolts | Harley Davidson Forums

1995 softail inner primary bolts

moses95

Hi, I am new here and learning little by little. I am building the 1995 heritage nostalgia from the ground up. I am trying to see if anyone knows how many bolts require those wing lock washers that button up the inner primary to the engine and transmission. I have a 1995 heritage softail. I am thinking there are only 4 hex bolts that require the tabbed lock washers since there are only 4 slots on the primary as my picture shows.. Also, do these need to to be torqued since they use the tab lock washers?

This is my first post and i am thankful for this forum and its valued members.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN6381.jpg
    DSCN6381.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN6380.jpg
    DSCN6380.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi, I am new here and learning little by little. I am building the 1995 heritage nostalgia from the ground up. I am trying to see if anyone knows how many bolts require those wing lock washers that button up the inner primary to the engine and transmission. I have a 1995 heritage softail. I am thinking there are only 4 hex bolts that require the tabbed lock washers since there are only 4 slots on the primary as my picture shows.. Also, do these need to to be torqued since they use the tab lock washers?

This is my first post and i am thankful for this forum and its valued members.

Thanks

Check this out:

PRIMARY HOUSING - 1995 Harley Davidson FLSTN

Yes. Torque per spec in the book. Also, you need some RTV on the standoffs and on the bolts themselves.

TQ

Back