free website stats program 1993 Fatboy Running Rough | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

1993 Fatboy Running Rough

Ya I agree, I am going to dig into the front cylinder tonight.

Removed the front valve cover to check the springs. I can't tell if there is a broken spring. I also watched the springs while turning the bike over, the only things that I noticed is the front rocker arm would move a few times before the rear one would (2-4 times) before the rear rocker arm on the same cylinder. Also the front spring did not seem as stiff as the rear when moving.

I also noticed but not sure if its suppose to be like this, the pushrods seem to be riding on the walls of the pushrod sleeve

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam not sure if they are adjustable push rods or not. I bought the bike used and have no history of the bike. Is there a way to tell if they are adjustable?

Lift up the covers to expose the lower portion push rods to see if there is the adjuster nuts there..

When you mentioned "... I noticed is the front rocker arm would move a few times before the rear one would" there's something not normal in there and this is where you start the process of finding it.

Back