1985 FLTC Comfort Flex Seat?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Vibratinharley, Jul 21, 2010.

  1. Vibratinharley

    Vibratinharley Junior Member

    I read where the seat that is on my bike was optional and it is a weird spring loaded two up seat ( never seen anything like it) and I was wondering if anybody else has or had a seat like this and how I might go about changing it over to a frame mounted seat?
  2. Jonas

    Jonas Junior Member

    To convert it depends on what kind of seat you get. If you want to go with a stock seat for your bike. You will have to buy a bracket that bolts to the back fender. I bought one for my 81, but did not use it. I'll make you a deal if you decide to go this way.

    Other seats will require you to drill a hole in the rear fender. Not a big deal either way. Finding the right seat will be the hard part.
  3. ultrat

    ultrat Senior Member Contributor

    If u need the comfortflex undercarage i have one, willing to part w/ it....pm me..
  4. ChopperDoc

    ChopperDoc Active Member

    Yours is a carry-over from the days when the seat post actually had something to do with the seat. I had an '80 Electra Glide and I think it was one of the first years they offered the frame mounted seat. I thought it was great, it made you feel like you were sitting in the bike instead of on top of it. I was coming off of a '68 with the two-up saddle and wow what a different feeling.

    Other than maybe having to add the rear mount, changing over to the frame mount should be pretty straight forward.
  5. readams

    readams New Member

    Does anyone know how many comfort flex seat spring models there are. Im looking for one for a 1982 FLTC .I have 2 that are not the same, and they wont work on my bike .I found my old seat at my dads but not the rest thanks