free website stats program 1970 xlch | Harley Davidson Forums

1970 xlch

rhino

Banned
Bought a 70 xlch a ways back. havent had a chance to get into it yet and really dont know much about it. I got it for a project bike. if anyone knows anything about it or where i could get tech info on it, it would be apreciated. It wouldnt hurt to arm myself with info before i tear it apart. thank you.

Get the dealer to get you a service manual.I believe they're still available but I could be wrong.A parts manual will help too.Is it a project or a runner?Iron head XL's are stone axes.Crude but effective tools for fun.Just take your time and spend the money to do it right and you'll enjoy your classic HD.

That brings back memories. My first Harley was an brand new 1970 XLCH bought just after high school graduation for $997. These were AMF bikes so I had couple of wiring problems right off but nothing serious. Rode that monster across the US and back that summer playing a combination of Easy Rider and Then Came Bronson. The bike was very quick and cornered like a demon on right turns but hated left turns. There was little on the bike that you couldn't adjust or replace with just 4 tools. Wish I still had it but it was stolen in 1973 by some real Hells Angles in San Rafael California.

Good luck with your iron head sporty. Treat it right.

The bike was very quick and cornered like a demon on right turns but hated left turns. .

Ain't that just the weirdest thing?....mine corners really well on left handers but grounds the front silencer a little too easily on right turns....???

Last edited:
I use to hang out around San Rafael, Martinez, Concord.. COCO county with a few of the HA's>>> aah bring's back good and some bad memories...... Oh well life goes on.....

That brings back memories. My first Harley was an brand new 1970 XLCH bought just after high school graduation for $997. These were AMF bikes so I had couple of wiring problems right off but nothing serious. Rode that monster across the US and back that summer playing a combination of Easy Rider and Then Came Bronson. The bike was very quick and cornered like a demon on right turns but hated left turns. There was little on the bike that you couldn't adjust or replace with just 4 tools. Wish I still had it but it was stolen in 1973 by some real Hells Angles in San Rafael California.

Good luck with your iron head sporty. Treat it right.

Back