free website stats program 150mm Tire on 2004 ElectraGlide | Harley Davidson Forums

150mm Tire on 2004 ElectraGlide

BuddyK

Does anyone know if a 150/80/16 will fit on a 2004 Electra Glide? I'm got the stock wagon spoke wheels, and want to replace my MU85B16 with an Avon Venom. I know a 140/90B16 will fit but am not sure about the 150. Thanks for the help! :D

Buddy; This is just off the top of my head from reading a recent post. There is enough room in the swing arm for a 150, but the belt guard needs to come off, and a narrower belt has to be used. Don't take this as gospel though. :guitar

Thanks for the info Breeze. That's what's so great about this site, all the knowledge that's available! :D

I recently installed a michellin commander 2 on my 07,140 mm is the same as a 85u (according to mich) I asked my friend who runs the little shop if a 150 would fit,he grabbed one we stuck it in there the 150 is almost touching the sides of the fender I would not chance it on my 07 any movement you would rub the fender.Also note this all 85u`s or 140mm are not all equal the mich comm 2 runs about 6 1/4 inch wide the metz runs small at about 1/2 inch less some 150`s might fit others may not,also be aware I ran pirelli night dragons loved the tire but I only got about 6-7 k on the rear those really soft tires dont get a lot of mileage on baggers ,now if you dont do that many miles good but I was replacing rears every six months,dont know about the mich`s time will tell..

Hi Buddy.
I am running Avon Venom 150/80B16 on my old sled. She is upgraded, though:
- Original frame & rear fender
- 2002-up swingarm, rear wheel
- 2007 pulley/belt/guard (1" wide)
This works fine, and I could have squeezed in a wider tyre if it weren't for the tyre and fender clearance which is a bit tight.
I am very happy with the performance - having finally found a tyre that keeps traction in the wet (note that I don't care about longevity, which may be poor).
Another note: (At least here in Europe) the Avon Venom 150/80B16 comes in two versions, with different speed ratings and widths...
Have a look here:
Venom | Avon Tyres

The concern I would have, does the upgraded tire have the load rating of the MU85???? I would believe that with a lower load rating, you will loose tire mileage and carrying capacity.. Something that would not be a good idea on a Glide...

Back