free website stats program 15 FLD exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

15 FLD exhaust

Duckdawg

I have a 15 switchback FLD and I want to add louder pipes and maybe an intake, I'm not really looking for more power just a louder exhaust, also I'm new to bikes but it sounds like a car with a stuck lifter until it gets hot is this normal? Thanks

I would say yes, it's quite normal. Open the hood of your car one day and have someone start it cold and you'll hear the same top end noise for a second while the oil works its way back up there
WAP.gif

But the bike does it for about 10-15 minutes not a few seconds, also what causes the typewriter sound?

2015, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. Noisy top end for 10-15 minutes and then goes away is not normal in my opinion.

2015, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. Noisy top end for 10-15 minutes and then goes away is not normal in my opinion.

I would take it back but seeing that you are new to bikes I suspect you just aren't used to sitting right on top of your rocker box and hearing every little noise it makes. Now if it's different from what it was when you brought it home, then there is likely an issue but I suspect the dealer is just going to say what I said above.

And yes, if anyone is following my own thread, I am complaining about top end noise myself but it's on an older bike that I just modified and the noise changed drastically until I made some more adjustments. But, yours is still under warranty so take it in and hopefully your dealer's service guys will spend some time with you and check it out.

I doubt a mechanic is going to say a noisy top end that goes away after 10-15 minutes is normal. I'd take it back and let them figure out what's going on.

Sounds do travel and it may be something else.

Back