free website stats program 15% ethanol | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

15% ethanol

I was at a By Lo (Speedy) in Michigan the other day and noticed that the stickers on the pumps have been changed to read "may contain up to 15% Ethanol"

I have been using 10 % ethanol fuel for the past 20 years with no ill effects dont have a choice because of smog rules ,but the 15 % has not yet been approved in the U.S. only being tested as of yet..

I have been using 10 % ethanol fuel for the past 20 years with no ill effects dont have a choice because of smog rules ,but the 15 % has not yet been approved in the U.S. only being tested as of yet..
Yes and no. The EPA has given full approval for E15 for use in 2006 and newer cars and trucks. There are a number of new stations here with E15. In fact they have a smorgasboard at each pump with E85, E15, E10 and diesel.

I was at a By Lo (Speedy) in Michigan the other day and noticed that the stickers on the pumps have been changed to read "may contain up to 15% Ethanol"

Wonder if this is why my mileage is down on both bikes havnt seen a pump says 15% yet but I'm down 4-5 Nov on both bikes and one is no different than how it was put up last year
WAP.gif

There best be more studies, IMO the corrosive nature of the alcohol is going to cause more problems, but be a boon for the repair industry HMMM I smell a rat

Back