free website stats program 10,000 Mile Service | Harley Davidson Forums

10,000 Mile Service

Tennessee

I need some advice/info for my 10,000 mile service... Most of the info I need would be in a service manual, but I don't have the $$$ for one, so here goes...

All of these check(s) are from the 10,000 and 30,000 Mile Maintenance checklist.

1. Check and adjust primary drive chain.
Any info on how to do this would be appreciated...

2. Check and re-torque critical fasteners.
Torque values and *WHAT* "critical fasteners" to check...

3. Check and adjust rear belt.
How much "give" should the belt have?

4. Check and adjust clutch and cable free play.
How much "free play" should I have here?

Any other helpful advice on how or what to replace, inspect, lube, etc... would be great. The rest of the checklist I think I can handle without any problems.

Thanks!
Tennessee :D

That's a lot of questions and all the answers you need are in the self help forum for the reading in the appropriate sections. Look at the bottom of this post for a link.:s

Welcome to the forum.

That's a lot of questions and all the answers you need are in the self help forum for the reading in the appropriate sections. Look at the bottom of this post for a link.:s

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you...

This site is great. So much information... I'm really impressed.

Tennessee :D

Really Can't Afford Not To Have A Manual. That Along With The Help You Can Get From Hdtalking Are Priceless. A Must !! Some Sharp People Lurking About Watching Over Us.

Really Can't Afford Not To Have A Manual. That Along With The Help You Can Get From Hdtalking Are Priceless. A Must !! Some Sharp People Lurking About Watching Over Us.

... Yeah, I need to get one, but the bucks are tight right now... Just came across country on my sporty - 2382 miles from Yellowstone National Park, WY to Orlando, FL. Was working in the park for the summer, seasonal.

Okay, point me in the right direction on this one...
My service checklist says to change the primary oil and adjust the chain... no problem there... got the link to the video in the tips section bookmarked...

It also says to change the Transmission Lubricant... I'm at a loss here... I thought they were/are one in the same?

Enlighten me somebody, please..

Thanks - Tennessee :D

Back