free website stats program 1 3/4" LAF PORKER SHORT DRAGS | Harley Davidson Forums

1 3/4" LAF PORKER SHORT DRAGS

CowboyTFR18

Hey everyone so I am needing some assistance if anyone can give me some info I'd appreciate it. I just got a set of laf porkers short drags the info is in the title. I have a 2017 softail slim S flss. I am curious if anyone knows if I need to trim down the end or sand it down like the original pipes or taper them. They don't fit like the original pipes do. Instead of then bein tapperd at all they are just flat on the end an round. If anyone can give me some insight I'd be grateful. I had to modify the front pipe because it set against the front frame a frame so I had to dent it a little so it wouldn't. I've tryed to find info but I just keep coming up empty handed.

Attachments

• received_660334177659479.jpeg
    received_660334177659479.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 12
Are you sure they are a direct replacement for your scoot? You shouldn't have to dent or modify them to fit.
Drag pipes I've see in the past have had the angle cut on the end, can't recall seeing any that were not.

Are you sure they are a direct replacement for your scoot? You shouldn't have to dent or modify them to fit.
Drag pipes I've see in the past have had the angle cut on the end, can't recall seeing any that were not.
Yes they are deff a fit for my bike. I contacted the American classic motors to verify they did verify them. It's just the style of my frame that it required it .

The images I came up with in a search shows a very slight angle cut on the end. Whatever, the shape of the end of those pipes is purely cosmetic. Shape to your preference, but note you will lose the chrome when cutting, possible to rust later.

The images I came up with in a search shows a very slight angle cut on the end. Whatever, the shape of the end of those pipes is purely cosmetic. Shape to your preference, but note you will lose the chrome when cutting, possible to rust later.
Ya I just used a block of wood an sat them on it. An carefully used my dead blow to dent it in some where the frame was against them. Thanks guys. Btw it sounds great loud as (EDIT) an is way louder then my prez and my SAA striaght drags

Last edited by a moderator:
Back