free website stats program 09 Ultra removable tour pak wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra removable tour pak wiring

Doc J

Cheers. New Guy here. Just had the conversion done that makes the Tour Pak removable on my 09 Ultra. Love the new look but not at all pleased with the hack job on the wiring. The grommets have been yanked from the tour pak and are dangling around the remaining speaker wiring. With regards to the wiring and what to do with it, a call to the dealer netted the advice, "just tuck it up under the seat." It seems to me a manufacturer-engineered solution such as this would have included a more elegant approach pertaining to the wiring. For example, an intermediate harness to make removable the dangling length of speaker and intercom wiring left behind after pulling the Tour Pak. Something that would be safely terminated under the seat, out of sight and unable to scratch the snot out of the rear fender on my beloved ride would be good. Did I just get a substandard install? Am I expecting too much for the amount of green forked over? (Felt like allot to me!)

Thank you in advance for any observations/suggestions.

I would think the dealer, being a dealer would have used the interconnect harness that Sglide08 has bought to make it a complete disconnect package, it would just of took shortening the original harness in the back, should make it plug and play? Don't know just a thought.

Thank you gentlemen. I think I will go with the coil and zip tie method for now. :) I'm sure an intermediate harness would be a fairly simple thing to do though. (Famous last words, eh?) I just want to make sure I think it through thoroughly before I clip the wires. I suppose mil-spec aircraft connectors would be a bit of overkill?

Thanks again!
Doc J

i pulled mine into the tour pak on the rk and laid them flat on the bottom. since there are several wires, i adjusted the length so they feed easily through a rubber grommet. a pain to take out the liner each time but i hate to fight the bolt under the seat w/ the tour pak in place.

Back