free website stats program 09 Street Glide Aftermarket Parts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Street Glide Aftermarket Parts

Hey thanks for the info, what you think of the Rineharts I was leaning towards V & H but not sure of the sound.

I love the Reinharts. I had the true duals on my 05 RK. These are just the slip-ons, but they sound almost as good as the complete system.

I've never had the V&H ovals but a couple buddies have. They are good looking but it just depends on what you're going for. If you want quieter, then go V&H. I prefer the deeper, louder sound of the Reinharts.

I've had my 09 Street Glide for about 1 month and 3 weeks. Already have 1500 miles on it and am looking to put some much louder pipes and true duals on it. It sounds like a kitty cat but looks like a LION. Must have louder pipes. I was told by one of Harley's mech that the RHineharts sound good but they have had problems w/ leaks. Looks like it will bbe Vance and Hines for me.

I haven't made the jump to pipes yet, I did hear a 07 EG with the D & D fat Cats with big bore baffles, sounded pretty good, it was a 95 build so I am sure that had some change.
Anyone else running D&D?
I called D&D and the tech told me if I was going to use their pipes to you the standard baffles.

any input?

Thanks Wes

I still have time to decide as the white stuff is all over:(

Hey thanks

That is what I am going to do, I'll just run on the stocks till I find what I am looking for.
For now I am going after a seat, comfort will do for now.

Thanks again.

Wes

Bought my 09 SG (black also) back in Jan. and what a great ride, you will enjoy it! I've done quite a bit to it, ape hangers, 21" wheel up front, 18" out back (RC Components), Hawg Wired Amp and speakers, and went with the Vance and Hines Big Radius exhaust (to give it a different look than most baggers also chromed and lowered the front forks and added a slew of detachable parts. But the one addition I enjoy the most is the Mustang seat I got from JP cycles at their open house rally this year. Someone in this post mentioned before the stock seat sucks, and it does. I'm not real tall, about 5'7" and the stack seat is really wide. The mustang seat is about 4" narrower and drops you about 2" making it real comfortable for me. Good Luck and Ride Safe!!

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 09 Street Glide 014.jpg
    09 Street Glide 014.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 09 Street Glide 016.jpg
    09 Street Glide 016.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 26
I've had my 09 Street Glide for about 1 month and 3 weeks. Already have 1500 miles on it and am looking to put some much louder pipes and true duals on it. It sounds like a kitty cat but looks like a LION. Must have louder pipes. I was told by one of Harley's mech that the RHineharts sound good but they have had problems w/ leaks. Looks like it will bbe Vance and Hines for me.

HD re-sells V&H exhaust so this mech probably favors them for their shop's commission. I've had Rinehart exhaust & no leaks what so ever. Also, it depends on if they're installed properly...need to HT silicone the pipe & not over-tighten the clamps. Like other's have said - find a bike w/exhaust you like & pick.:newsmile082:

I have a 09 road king police, new seat from harley was in stock. If you got money go custom for just you. Pipes are 09 only because of 02 placement. Look at thunderheader. 2into1 best power. harley tuner and stadge 1 good.
sell ya my police seat. mustang makes the rear for that.

I love the sound and performance of the Thunderheader, But I most say the D & D is a nice pipe, you might want to look into it. It gave me really good lower and mid range, quality is outstanding and the sound is there.

hope this helps

Back