free website stats program '09 ST Deluxe or '09 RK | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 ST Deluxe or '09 RK

Hey Ken S a couple years agoe I was riding with a buddy and his wife (he had a ST Deluxe) we switched bikes for a while and the next stop his wife said we need a bike like this. The comfort got her and they got a RK soon after.

Road King makes more sense for two-up riding, with plenty of storage and plenty of room regarding performance and handling upgrade choices as compared to Deluxe, especially if the low slung (e.g. clearance) and bling is not the primary "driving purpose" for selecting it. If your riding partner is not happy, both of you willl have second thoughts...Road King is probably more appropriate for your riding style.

Road King makes more sense for two-up riding, with plenty of storage and plenty of room regarding performance and handling upgrade choices as compared to Deluxe, especially if the low slung (e.g. clearance) and bling is not the primary "driving purpose" for selecting it. If your riding partner is not happy, both of you willl have second thoughts...Road King is probably more appropriate for your riding style.

I think soon we have to start talking you away from that sporty, Maybe a UC?:newsmile093:

She's leaving it up to me to make the right choice. So, when the weather turns we'll have to go test ride both and then we'll better know which we want.

I don't want to goof it up. I'll never hear the end of it. I'll put her on the back and she'll let me know what she likes best.

My husband has RK and I have Deluxe. When riding two-up, RK wins. If you are very tall at all, you might not like the Deluxe as much. My husband is 6' and he thinks the deluxe is a little small for long ride comfort.

then stay away from the ultra's and do not let her even look at the rear seat or its game over - you were warned:bigsmiley12:
my wife saw it and insisted it was the next bike and guess what its sat in the garage next to the streetbob

No, I already told her it's between the Deluxe and the RK. I'm hoping that stands. I don't want all that faring jazz.

Thanks Lucy. I'm 5' 11" so I'd like to be a little higher.

No, I already told her it's between the Deluxe and the RK. I'm hoping that stands. I don't want all that faring jazz.

Thanks Lucy. I'm 5' 11" so I'd like to be a little higher.

I always said I didn't want all that fairing stuff or even a windshield for that matter,now you couldn't take my bagger with its fairing and stereo away from me:D

I always said I didn't want all that fairing stuff or even a windshield for that matter,now you couldn't take my bagger with its fairing and stereo away from me:D

I like a windshield, but I don't listen to the radio now, at home, or in the cage, so that doesn't matter to me. I want to be able to take it off, (the windshield), and ride naked sometimes, too.

Ken I just got the Ultra Classic I love it
I rode the Deluxe and the Road King the Ultra is the best of all and you can still feel the wind in your face.

Also the girls love the lazy boy on the Ultra

Enjoy shopping for your bike you only get to do that once.

I think soon we have to start talking you away from that sporty, Maybe a UC?:newsmile093:

Thanks for the tip...I am quite happy with the ol' 04 Sporty only because it has the right combo of minimum weight, basic function, new tech, as well as old tech and fits the balance of 85% Solo, 15% Two-up for now...but I have looked at the RK with rather "-lustful thoughts." Yeah I know, the "leather and chrome itch" has hit me hard too. :cheers

Back