free website stats program 09 Softail Night Train | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Softail Night Train

RC~
I'm in the same boat as you...my 09 Train will be ready for next weekend....can't wait to see and hear it.
I changed the stuff you mentioned also...new wheels next year soon as the old lady simmers down lol.

RC~
I'm in the same boat as you...my 09 Train will be ready for next weekend....can't wait to see and hear it.
I changed the stuff you mentioned also...new wheels next year soon as the old lady simmers down lol.

LOL good luck with the old lady, as far as the train goes, Its a fantastic bike. Looks, feel, comfortable, powerful, and man o man with those new pipes on it she roars like a wild boar. I had mentioned in another thread though that today was the second ride on her, I had about 30 mins of riding time before I had to roll back to the garage and get in for dinner. But I'm getting a wierd burning smell from the bike and dunno what it is or if its normal for a new engine with 13 miles on it.

Who knows. If it persists I'll hit the dealer up for a quick peek.

I know this is kind of a late post to your question but i too bought a 09 night train , great choice , i had v & h big radius black pipes and a se heavy breather installed . I also had that smell you are talking about sorta smells like burnt hair , nothing to worry about it's the new exhaust and after a few miles it stops , it's from any oils or cutting fluids they use in the process of manufactoring the pipes . I was just like you i first saw a nt in 2002 and knew then and there that was the bike i would buy and it took 7 more years until i did it . Happy riding .

Congrats!! myself the nightrian is a nice looking bike and its classic now because no more nightrain in 2010

I'd say the funny smell is the pipes burning off the new. Congrats on the new bike. I think you'll love it. Change out the oil and run 20/50 motor oil in it for the first 1k miles, then switch to synthetic. Just my opinion, but i like to run regular oil during the break in until everything is working smooth. The oil thing is the biggest difference between the harley's and metric's. There is oil in your primary, your motor oil, and your tranny oil. Most dealerships reccomend syn3 oil in all three holes. If i were you i'd start running a good synthetic 20/50 in the engine, quality chaincase lube in the primary, and royal purple 75/140 synthetic gear lube in the tranny. Thats my preference anyway. Check the self help section for maintence and stuff. Keep on track of the fluid changes and you should get 100k+ out of her.
Wish you the best with your new ride!

Welcome to the club! The authenticity cannot be replicated...I'd rather ride a rickety old Harley than a brand new replica. I love my Train...fits my personality! Enjoy the experience!

Got mine in dec. and I am new here.Have about the same mods my heart stops about everytime I start it.Also my first harley rode yamaha and suzuki before.

Back