free website stats program 09 SG more power? | Harley Davidson Forums

09 SG more power?

I am thinking about doing some engine up-grades to my 09 SG. I don't know what to expect from a factory 103 upgrade performance wise. What will it do to overall performance and top end speed.
Right now my friends 05' dyna and 03 fatboy can stay almost dead even with my SG. I know my bike weighs a little more than theirs but I would still think my 96 should should be able to out-run their 88's.
My local dealer usually runs some pretty good deals in the next couple months and I'm still on the fence on what to do, reliability is still very important to me but it would be nice to out-run my buddy's.

Glen

96 is actually slower than a 88 .. no head flow on the 96 and poor choice in cams .. plus its so lean from factory .. ya really want wake it up .. port polish the heads and better came full stage one and a good tuner ...

Stage one will put you on par with a 88 where you will start pulling them in top end of 3rd gear course were all ready talking about 90mph by then because of the gear of the 6speed..

I drag my buddy on a 04 EGC and he could run away from me till top of 3rd staneg one i can pull neck and neck till half way though 3rd then i start pulling away

The answer really depends how deep your pockets are. Stage II 103 w/255 cams, HD heavy breather, Power Commander V w/ Autotune and SuperTrapp true dual exhaust has been good for me. Ported/polished heads & 575 cams will be next but I need to save up $$. If you really want to smoke your buddies, a supercharger or turbo will produce GOBS of power but IMO, they're ugly.

Its like the kid who went to an old mechanic and ask him to make his bike go faster, the old wrech ask "how many dollars worth of fast do you want?"

Back