free website stats program '09 flhrc | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 flhrc

is it my imagination or am i feeling a slight shudder (tiniest of wobbles) in my front end as i ride in 6th?
finally got some highway time over the weekend and i swear there is the slightest wobble, seemingly from the front tire. (no, there were no rain-grooves on the road).
when i test rode an FLHR before purchasing the FLHRC, i do not remember feeling this at all.
cruisin' at 70 in 6th on the highway should be exactly what these bikes are meant to do and when they are at their best.
this was weird ...
couldn't tell if it was my imagination or the bike ... but something was noticeable.

i thought i read somewhere on this forum (can't seem to find it now) that sometimes this might have to do with spokes needing to be "trued."
my bike is just over 1 week old.

anyway, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this odd feeling.

If your bike is that new get it into the dealer and have everything related to the front wheel/fork checked out thoroughly. We all know that these things seldom come from the showroom floor with every single nut, bolt, clamp etc. tightened to factory specs. Could be the spokes or something in the steering head or front axle for that matter. Like I said, why worry needlessly over it - get it to the dealer. That's what the warranty is for.

Oh - let us know when you track it down!

I don't have a 6 speed, but from what I have read, isn't 70 a little too slow for the 6th gear. Just curious, I have no idea, just what I read.

tap the spokes one at a time with a wrench you can here if ones off .. course its fairly new i would take it to the dealer rather than doing anything but i would check it out and have a good ideal myself so ya dont get a they all do that

Back