free website stats program 09 Electra Glide Power Issue !Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Electra Glide Power Issue !Help!

byoungws

Yesterday I went on a 500 mile run everything was fine with multiple stops no problems at all. On the way home about 5 miles from the house I pulled up to the stop light and when I got the light I hit the throttle and the bike died! restarted it and it was running very rough. Perhaps only one cylinder is firing but i got it running and there is exhaust on both pipes so any ideas?

no check engine light

I took the seat off and checked the connections everything seamed ok.

Before the ride I had the oil changed and the air filter replaced.

Have not checked the fuses yet, just trying to see if there is something I might look for.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to The Forum, is it possible you nicked the crank sensor plug when you took off the oil filter? It is pretty close going there, tho I would expect to see a code show up

It may be the TPS (throttle position sensor) has a bad connection or is bad itself. When that happens, the bike goes into limp mode, just enough power to get moving.

Occasionally you can experience a momentary goof with these bikes. Like Jack stated, if it was some type of failure the check engine light would have come on. Check battery cables for tightness and clean, check to see if any fault codes logged and check to be sure gasket around air cleaner housing if properly install and fitted to housing correctly. Did bike hiccup or burp before stalling????

Back