free website stats program 09 dyna power fluctuations | Harley Davidson Forums

09 dyna power fluctuations

Joshua Nardi

I recently had Harley Davidson replace my speedometer and when they returned it to me I immediately had power issues and the bike kept shutting down on me. I returned it to Harley and they said it was the voltage regulator and so I had them replace it. Since then I have continued to have power issues. The lights fluctuate and my speed drops randomly. Sometimes it gets real bad and if I shut it off and back on it seems to improve. Any help would be great as I am tired of paying Harley to not fix my bike.

If it does it while at idle. You can take a volt ohm meter and hold it on the batteries posts and see if the voltage is varying and by how much. Then it would be on to the charging system check out. Any mods or changes just before this started?

It does not do it so much when I ideal but when I rev the engine. No recent mods. HD was messing with speedometers on my bike and then when I got it back my settings were off on my Vance & Hines fuel pack.

As we tend to discuss all the time the incompetence of dealers. Is it not interesting that bike was ok before going into shop. I have to ask why was speedo in need of replacement? If you had a charging system fault which is what required trip to shop then why replace speedo. On the new bikes all components are integral to the computer system and associated sensors to operate correctly. So why would not the dealer recheck the last repair that they did, like check connection for speedo or even the battery cables which should have been removed upon replacing speedo, and not just start throwing parts at bike. I would be having a talk with service manager before to long.

As we tend to discuss all the time the incompetence of dealers. Is it not interesting that bike was ok before going into shop. I have to ask why was speedo in need of replacement? If you had a charging system fault which is what required trip to shop then why replace speedo. On the new bikes all components are integral to the computer system and associated sensors to operate correctly. So why would not the dealer recheck the last repair that they did, like check connection for speedo or even the battery cables which should have been removed upon replacing speedo, and not just start throwing parts at bike. I would be having a talk with service manager before to long.
+1 on what Bernie wrote. If you starred having issues after your trip to the dealer then I'd hold their feet to the fire. A visit to the service mang. is in order, be firm but respectful and they might surprise you. Keep us posted on your results.

Harley Davidson Forums Start here, load test the battery. HD replaced the regulator because the voltage was low? Did they test the battery and did they tighten the cables good?

Back