free website stats program 08 Ultra handlebar options | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Ultra handlebar options

Daytrip

After a 1500 mile 2 day ride, I realized that I'm reaching too much for the handlebars. You guys that have the 08 Ultra--what options do I have to get more pullback? Pics would be nice. BTW--I did a search and didn't get what I'm looking for for the 08 Ultra.:bigsmiley6:

only option is tallboy bars which I think will make ya reach more.I added a backrest that seamed to help me.HD has VERY few accesseries for the 08 touring bike.I waitin for them to come out with the road zeppelin seat for the 08.

There is currently no way to extend the throttle sensor harness per Harley.It is made from some very special low resistance wire that cannot be soldered.You will need to wait for options.I are a Harley tech and it's a common complaint.Have you attempted adjusting the bars yet?

Last edited:
There is currnetly no way to extend the throttle sensor harness per Harley.It is made from some very special low resistance wire that cannot be soldered.You will need to wait for options.I are a Harley tech and it's a common complaint.Have you attempted adjusting the bars yet?

No, I haven't tried adjusting them. I'll talk to my service manager and see what he can do. And I can move the backrest forward a little--but I really don't want to.

Thx for the advice.:s

only option is tallboy bars which I think will make ya reach more.I added a backrest that seamed to help me.HD has VERY few accesseries for the 08 touring bike.I waitin for them to come out with the road zeppelin seat for the 08.

Thx for the word.:s

Back