free website stats program 08 Sportster xl883C Custom Derby Cover HELP..!! | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Sportster xl883C Custom Derby Cover HELP..!!

kane2727

I actually just replaced the derby cover on my 2008 XL883c sportster custom and to my surprise when i removed the old one there was no gasket or O ring?can anyone give me the part number for the gasket or o ring that i need to put on??? and how bad is it that it didnt have one on there?? just bought the bike about 2 weeks ago..thanks

I actually just replaced the derby cover on my 2008 XL883c sportster custom and to my surprise when i removed the old one there was no gasket or O ring?can anyone give me the part number for the gasket or o ring that i need to put on??? and how bad is it that it didnt have one on there?? just bought the bike about 2 weeks ago..thanks

My FIRST thought IS? Did it have the proper level of Primary/tranny Lube in it.. If it didn't have a gasket? It should of been Pouring out the oil..

OR does it have a permanent gasket Built into the primary?...

signed....BUBBIE

Welcome to the HDTimeline Forum and your first post...the part number you are looking for is: 25463-94A. Use a bit of grease to "stick" it in place...

Last edited:
kane2727; did you look closely at the old derby cover to ensure the gasket wasn't stuck on it, or maybe it fell out somewhere? The little rubber ring gasket isn't very visible & there should've been some leakage under bike if it wasn't in place.

Check the fluid level & if it's good there's probably no harm done.

Back