free website stats program 08 FXDC Over Heating | Harley Davidson Forums

08 FXDC Over Heating

Hey all. My scooter seems to be real hot. i have a few folks i know saying that thiers dont get as hot as mine dose.
I only ride 15miles a day to and from work and when i come home in the Eve. when the heat of the day is starting to kool off (around 6:00pm) here in San Antonio i dont think it ever kools off completly.
But it is still around 80 deg. the scooter after i get home i put a fan on it to help cool it off some. But it still takes over a hour to get it cooled off enough to touch with your hand.

I do sit in some traffic but not for all that long. but it is starting to burn my leg on the pipes threw my jeans. while im riding with my feet on the HWY pegs.

not cherry red but i would bet it is close.

So any help would be nice

All the 07 and later bikes are running lean due to EPA standards and that means hot. Best bet would be add some fuel with a tuner and possibly an oil cooler being you are in Texas.

i have one of the slip on oil coolers that go over the filters. I was told by a mech. here that they will defiantly help.
I'm trying to get someone who knows about the dynas enough to tell me about the oil coolers from the factory.
On the oil filter attachment point it has two threaded plugs like for the lines to run from. but witch one is pressure or return?
If i Can figure it out and get some lines i have a "A" frame style cooler for it.

If you use those plugs, you render the oil filter inop. They are used in the manufacturing process to drill the passage ways for the filter flow.

Best bet is to use the thermostat adapter unit from Jagg. It mounts to the oil filter pad and the filter goes on that then. Makes a neat installation.
If you had an older bike with the external oil lines, then you could tap into the return line to the tank.

If you use those plugs, you render the oil filter inop. They are used in the manufacturing process.
Best bet is to use the thermostat adapter unit from Jagg.

Ok, Well that answers my questions on what they are for then. Thank you.
i will look in to the adaptor etc. then and go that route. either way i know for sure before the heat of next summer i will have a oil cooler on it and hopefully a fan of some kind that i can put on to it that will blow acrossed the cooler so even in traffic it will stay cooler.

Another silly question i head about a computer fan mod. can anyone let me in on this? I know they are 12V. but where or how are they mounted ont eh scooters?

Thanks!!

UPDATE!!

we went to go to the local H.O.G. meeting today it was cancelled. So i figured why we had the bike there then i would see about getting it looked at for the over heating.
I was basically blow en off. told me that the new bikes can reach temps up to and over 300deg.
when i told them about the spark plugs i was told unless i was trained on how to read them they could be several different colors and they dont tell ya much. (UMMMM........ OK........B.S.) I know how to read plugs i have done this crap since i was old enough to walk. I just haven't owned a "New Harley" With the new flue systems on them.
i have owned a older one that was also a glide but it had a Supper b S&S Carb on it.
It was a pain to get set up but once done it was great!!
So after talking Whit them i was basically told that it was nothing and to go away. So i explained to them i would ride it home and when it blows a piston due to heat or running to lean it will be a "warranty Issue"
Just wish i had one of the programmers for this thing.

ok so it is not just me that thought that. sux they are great other wise just seems like thier Mech. dont give a (edit.:newsmile055:) let a lone litsen to the rider. im on this thing daily but i dont know if it is hot or not?

Back