free website stats program 07 Super Glide no speedo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Super Glide no speedo

Hey I had the same problem on my 2010 FXDC. They speedo would just die and then start, it never killed the bike. Well after hunting all over for loose wires I finally found it. I took off the center console from the tank and found that a mouse had been eating on the speedo wire and bared a small part of it. Every now and then it would ground out killing the speedo. Taped up the wire and have not had a problem since. Had a friend tell me to put drier fabric softener sheet up in the space and that will keep the mouse out.

O.K. I pulled the connectors to vss and ecm and checked continuity, wires and connectors seem good, I allready eliminated the behind the dash problems, as the speedo does all the diagnostics, so that means I'm gettin data from the ecm and the tssm, the codes that come up are 501 and 502.

I have to get a jack to check the vss signal to the ecm. The diagnostics point to the ecm replacement, but why does everything work except the vss signal? if I have vss signal to the ecm it says replace ecm, if I don't have signal it says replace vss sensor. Will post soon.

Hey I had the same problem on my 2010 FXDC. They speedo would just die and then start, it never killed the bike. Well after hunting all over for loose wires I finally found it. I took off the center console from the tank and found that a mouse had been eating on the speedo wire and bared a small part of it. Every now and then it would ground out killing the speedo. Taped up the wire and have not had a problem since. Had a friend tell me to put drier fabric softener sheet up in the space and that will keep the mouse out.

A mouse :lolrolling, that's a new one. Unless you are talking about the human type (as in a service tech that got a little rough). If it was real mouse I wonder if he got out before going on a ride :lolrolling.

Seriously though I can see how that could be the culprit since many of the affected circuits run thru the console wiring.

Jacked her up and checked the vss to the ecm, yep the ecm is gettin the signal.... according to the vss tests it says to replace the ecm? I have a hard time believing the only thing wrong with the whole ECM is it doesn't process the vss signal? sometin ain't right. I don't have the funds for a new ecm.

Can anyone chime in and let me know where else to look?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same problem no speedo and bike wants to die almost like its not getting proper fuel but mine started slowly at first i was able to shut bike down and restart and the problem seemed to be gone did you ever figure out what the problem was i would like to fix it myself but I am scheduled to take it to Cycle Rama here in FL on march 17th every shop is busy right now with daytona :newsmile08: no bike week for me this year

Back