free website stats program 07 roadking problems | Harley Davidson Forums

07 roadking problems

My husband has an '07 Roadking Classic. Everything was fine until his neutral light starting coming on while riding. He has brought it into the dealership on 5 different occasions and each time with a different solution that doesnt work. For some reason nobody knows what is wrong or can even reproduce the problem (so they claim). Now, his 6th gear light comes on as well as the key light for the security system.

If anyone has had similar problems and can offer some kind of advice please help!!!

It's all tied into the neutral safety switch. If you want to reproduce the problem , just wet the switch like when you wash the bike..

Take it to your dealer, there's an updated switch available to replace the one in there now. It has a better "O" ring seal to prevent water from entering the switch.

Find another dealer that is willing to spend the time to check the service bulletins for you.

PN for the new switch is 33926-06B

or look here.

False Neutral Light On - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick response. According to the first dealership we brought the bike to they changed the neutral safety switch and its still happening. Originally we thought it was due to the bike heating up, but when he stops to let it cool off it wont start again. How could that all be connected?

You're welcome.
When you say it won't start again, what does it do, crank and not fire up or just click or nothing at all. Do you have a headlight when it doesn't start or does it flicker or completely go out? Sounds like a bad connection on the battery. Remove, clean and replace both cables and see if it cures it.

As far as the switch replacement, they may have replaced it but with the old type same as the factory one and not the new type with the better seal. The dealers have a way of telling you they did something and it never got done at all :s.
Take the info to the dealer about the new switch part number and ask them to update the switch to cure the problem that you are having. Since I did my switch , the problem never happened again.

The 07 RK has a starter safety switch that is operated with the clutch lever and unless the lever is compressed, the starter will not operate. This same neutral switch that we are talking about here operates in that circuit also so if the switch is at fault here, the bike will not start either.

Last edited:
You're welcome.
When you say it won't start again, what does it do, crank and not fire up or just click or nothing at all. Do you have a headlight when it doesn't start or does it flicker or completely go out? Sounds like a bad connection on the battery. Remove, clean and replace both cables and see if it cures it.

As far as the switch replacement, they may have replaced it but with the old type same as the factory one and not the new type with the better seal. The dealers have a way of telling you they did something and it never got done at all :s.
Take the info to the dealer about the new switch part number and ask them to update the switch to cure the problem that you are having. Since I did my switch , the problem never

The 07 RK has a starter safety switch that is operated with the clutch lever and unless the lever is compressed, the starter will not operate. This same neutral switch that we are talking about here operates in that circuit also so if the switch is at fault here, the bike will not start either.

m not having the problems this person is having...but I must say ...I really like reading your answers....and I certainly appreciate your quick responses to everyones questions. Wish you were my next door neighbor....lol ..Again...Thanks !:worthy

Absolutely a super guy That Glader!

I am like a sponge reading the response Glider provides!:ap

Big Lou

m not having the problems this person is having...but I must say ...I really like reading your answers....and I certainly appreciate your quick responses to everyones questions. Wish you were my next door neighbor....lol ..Again...Thanks !:worthy

It's all in a days work!:D

Glider, I wish you were my next door neighbor too cause it sounds as though you aren't fighting this #$%^ snow!! Plus you could keeps my bikes in great shape!:D:D:D:D

We had our share of snow too, but for now the roads are clear and dry and it's all melted. Hoping that's all the white stuff we see this year.:bigsmiley31:

Back