free website stats program 07 FXDWG will not start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FXDWG will not start

Going to replace battery for Fob this week and see if that works. Now that I think about it I have had the the bike since Nov 06' so hopefully it is just a battery issue. Thanks Hoople.

Isn't it possible to cycle the ignition on pull the main fuse...wait a bit, put it all back together, and then turn on the ignition and immediately start it? I thought there was a "delay" before the auto-alarm activate feature kicked in. Just my 2 cents as I have the button fob on my '04...

I am sure you have had this question over and over, but it happened to me and I need to get out and ride.

My bike was working just fine, I went on a nice long ride, came home, parked it, and worked the next day. I went to ride the following day and then something went wrong.

I turned over the key, ON position, then I saw the lights fade and when I switched to run, I didnt hear anything. I also didnt here anything when I hit start.

I first thought maybe my battery was dead for some reason, or that I may have a loose connection. So I went to charge the battery and I have a fully charged battery. I reconnected the battery, made sure it was all good and checked the fuse, that looks good also. Still the bike has no power........ No lights, sounds, nothing at all.

I tried the key FOB to make sure it wasnt security related, but no luck there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what steps to take next? I am going to go ahead and buy a new fuse just incase, but maybe I have something else going on.

Thanks!!!!

Also, in your owner's manual, it gives the procedure to bypass the FOB, so the bike will start. Something everyone should carry in their wallet. :)

Thorns

Could be you used the "wrong" code as most dealers use the last 5 digits of the VIN (forward or reverse) or similar. If you have the VIN you can go to the local HD dealer, and they can tell you where it was issued, and that HD dealer will help you with entering the "right" code.

CR 2032 3V Battery

I can not believe that was all that was stopping me from starting my bike. If I were in the states I could have just gone to Homedepot, Lowes or Walmart but they do not have places like that in Germany. So today I finally made it up to the HD dealership and bought me a couple of those lithium batteries. Just got home and put the battery in the FOB and the bike cranked right up. Thanks to all that helped me with this. To be honest after seeing that error code I thought I had big issues not little bitty battery issues.

Glad you got through it without ripping the bike apart. Good idea to all to change the battery in your FOB once a year.

Thorns

Back