free website stats program 07 FLSTC seat | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FLSTC seat

Harley K.

quick question i am getting a FLSTC delivered June 1 and will be riding solo for the most part. I have heard if you remove the passenger pillion there is some sort of seat bracket that protrudes out. can anyone confirm this? can this bracket be removed or is this part of the forward seat? If this is the case i will definatly be swapping the seat out.

yes the back of the seat screws down to the fender,with two knob screws then the pillion slids on to there, it dont look to bad solo.
also if you get a new seat ill buy the old one!

Let me know how it goes. I am replacing my stock seat on an '07 Heritage, and I am trying to figure out how to remove the two knob screws that hold the seat and pillion to the rear fender. Does anyone have advice on how to remove these easily? When I depress them, they seem to "spring" back up.
Thanks!

Let me know how it goes. I am replacing my stock seat on an '07 Heritage, and I am trying to figure out how to remove the two knob screws that hold the seat and pillion to the rear fender. Does anyone have advice on how to remove these easily? When I depress them, they seem to "spring" back up.
Thanks!
I am looking at the same thing. Did this work?

On all the fatboys I’ve seen, the pillion has the tab, and it slips under the riders seat for a clean appearance. Other models seem to have the tab on the riders seat and it pokes out enough to bug me. Two words,,,, solo, seat. This will make seat changes much faster. I have three. A soft touring two up seat, solo seat and the factory seat. I use all three.

The passenger seat attaches with a single screw at the rear and engages the seat mounting fasteners at the front. To remove the seat, remove the passenger seat and unscrew the two seat mounting fasteners. When installing seat, insert tang at front of seat into the channel in the frame and install seat mounting nuts. Install passenger seat.

Check out the thread on the "07 Heritage Seat Removal". If you are using an aftermarket seat, you are going to have holes in your fender. I am still trying to find plugs for these holes, but I have been unsuccessful. May need to add a fender cover to make it look nice.

I hate the mounting of thenew seats. I also have a 99 Fatboy and love how the seat mounts and looks solo, on my 07 it looks ugly as hell solo.

Back