free website stats program 07 flhx starter concerns... | Harley Davidson Forums

07 flhx starter concerns...

Flhxfreak

Is anybody else out there experiencing some very rough starts with their 2007 96 cubic inch engines. It usually occurs when the engine is hot and the outside temp is warm. I don't recall it doing it during a first start of the day. It is cool weather in Toronto Ont. and lately it has been Ok. When it does it though it sounds as if the gear is binding and is very rough and loud. :34:

Could be the start of a bad starter drive. Have the dealer check it out before it chews up the ring gear.

One more thing to check, the battery terminals. Use a 10 MM wrench and snug them both up. Been a lot of them loose lately causing starting problems when they are hot.

Probably something to do with the heat and the metal expansion loosing a good connection.

Cheers Glider+PC... I appreciate your feedback.
I'm hanging out in the garage today to play...I hope there isn't too much beer in the fridge.lol

I have an 07 FLHX. The day after I bought it I hit the starter button and it sounded like a chainsaw on a steel pipe. It did not do it all the time, but it was a horrible sound. I took it to the dealer, and they found that the clutch flywheel was missing teeth, as well as the starter bendix gear. They replaced the entire clutch assembly, and the starter gear. They called HD to figure out what had happened, they came up with the starter had not been tourqed right during assembly. It has been almost a year and no more problems since the fix.

It seems as if HD has had quite a few problems with the new models and they are all related to poor craftsmanship (QC) at the factory. Time for a shake up there.

It seems as if HD has had quite a few problems with the new models and they are all related to poor craftsmanship (QC) at the factory. Time for a shake up there.
Craftsmanship? They ain't got no stinking Craftsmanship!!!
They've got that "If we build it they will come, and buy it" Thing going on. :s
It's getting to where all Harley Davidson employees from the factory on down, have got that "Government Job" attitude!! :60: All the job requires is a semi-warm body to fill the day's Quota. :29:

Back