free website stats program 07 Engine Cuts out for 5 seconds? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Engine Cuts out for 5 seconds?

The bike is a couple of months out of warranty, but I always keep it under cover in the garage and it's only done 5,500 miles (blame the British weather for that). I hope it's something simple because i prefer riding with confidance than worrying whether i'm gonna make it home or not?

Probably is something simple...but at least the codes it threw give you and idea where to look....check the coil wires for corrosion...could be just a bad contact.

The bike is a couple of months out of warranty, but I always keep it under cover in the garage and it's only done 5,500 miles (blame the British weather for that). I hope it's something simple because i prefer riding with confidance than worrying whether i'm gonna make it home or not?

Just a thought here, carry a 12V test light with you and when it takes a dive again, test the coils for voltage on the hot terminal to see if you have any.

i'm thinking the problem is fuel pump related? first thing this morning i turned the ignition on with my ear close to the engine so that i didn't miss the priming and got nothing. I then tried starting the engine but it wouldn't kick in. after 3 or 4 on and offs i heard the fuel pump prime and then it kicked in straight away. Later i took it for a spin and had no shut down problems at all, however i stopped at a cafe for 30 mins and on returning to the bike, no pump priming and subsequently no start up. this time it took quite a few on and offs before eventually i heard the pump priming and then it fired right up.

I've now booked it in to a different dealer for diagnostics check tomorrow, my only concern is that it's intermittent and they might not experience the fault?

Hello, I own a 07 road king and my bike has cut off 3 diff. times. The bike runs great its just that when it wants to its cuts off. The only light thats on is the oil lamp. The only way to get it to re-start is to turn the main switch on the tank off then back on, after that its good to go till the next time. What do you think?

I had a similar problem on my '97 Heritage and it ended up being an intermittant open at the battery terminal connection. EVO's were famous for that as the excess vibration caused the battery connection to loosen. Your '07 shouldn't do this but it might be worth checking.

Back