free website stats program 06' XL883L oil drain hose replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

06' XL883L oil drain hose replacement

jccrew1982

All,

I have searched for sometime now looking for a possible oil drain hose replacement, or even a kit of some sort that would take care of all of my other oil lines. Does anyone know of a 'pre-cut' steel braided hose option for a 2006 883L.

I really dislike the factory rubber hoses for the oil lines, especially the oil drain hose that is so close to the ground. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

-John

Such a short hose, no need to bother.
You don't ever hear of anyone getting the oil drain hose cut while riding.

I'd think a steel-braided hose would not be very flexible and that's needed to make the oil change easy.

I agree with the short hose thing, however, mine currently has cracks at the top, at the reservoir connection, and is leaking. This hose unfortunately terminates at the oil drain plug. I would rather go with a more reliable braided hose, than replace with a part that already failed on me once. I am probably just worrying too much about it though.

I agree with the short hose thing, however, mine currently has cracks at the top, at the reservoir connection, and is leaking. This hose unfortunately terminates at the oil drain plug. I would rather go with a more reliable braided hose, than replace with a part that already failed on me once. I am probably just worrying too much about it though.

Any good speed shop in your area will sell you lengths of braided hose, it comes in a multitude of colors, I would make sure it is double wall and when you cut it run some tape on the hose first before you cut:D

Back