free website stats program '06 Ultra Classic Trunk Removal | Harley Davidson Forums

'06 Ultra Classic Trunk Removal

TRichardson

I am thinking of removing the trunk off my ride and putting a nice backrest on. I sure would appreciate any tips / tricks about this and what parts I might need. Also, if anyone has pics of their bike that has done this, please show them so I can really see if this is the look I want ( it might help me talk the wife into it also ).

Theres a kit you can buy to take it off and on .Fits '97-'08 FLHTC models. '97-'05 models require separate purchase of Light Harness Kit P/N 70113-08.

Harley Part Number: 53303-07

its about 280.00 on ebay so you can have the best of both worlds
hope this helps ya

Theres a kit you can buy to take it off and on .Fits '97-'08 FLHTC models. '97-'05 models require separate purchase of Light Harness Kit P/N 70113-08.

Harley Part Number: 53303-07

its about 280.00 on ebay so you can have the best of both worlds
hope this helps ya

i almost forgot there are new pegs for this kit that dont wearout and make your trunck loose .you can find them here
GILBOS BILLET HAWG SOLUTIONS

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished installing the detachable tour pack kit on mine. That way I can switch back & forth as needed. Takes about 2 hours to do and most of that is trying to sort out which parts of the kit to use. You will have a ton of left over parts since this is a multi fit kit. I also found a new seat off a 2008 Road Glide to put on for a sleeker look. I will need to have the seat modified for comfort but that's nothing new. I also installed the lowered shocks on the rear. You will notice a big difference in handling once its all done. Much improved. I attached a picture of mine but the new seat is not installed yet.
HD Chopped.JPG

Thanx guys for the info - Nice bike BossMan - what did you do behind the seat to fill in where the trunk unbolts, or does the whole frame unbolt when you put on the kit? - Also, the rails on top of your bags look great - - -

Here is a pic of my bike with the tourpack removed,the only other thing I did was to add the laid back plate,I didn't like the look of the plate standing straight up.

43402782.JPG

Thanks for the pic of the rear end Steve07 - I thought it might look naked back there without the trunk, but it looks great to me - Now maybe with a good backrest the wife will let go of her armrests and speakers_ _ _ _ -

I have a 97 ultra and put a quick release kit on mine and custom seat along with a shorty radio antenna on left side. Looks pretty cool. I would send a pic but not sure how to do it.

Back