free website stats program 06 Sportster 1200 - speedometer and gauge problem - Help please?! | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Sportster 1200 - speedometer and gauge problem - Help please?!

mspencer

I just bought my 2006 Sportster 1200 Low and everything is great except:

-the speedometer doesn't move and is obviously not tracking miles (the back light is on and I can see the digital miles and I can change to the trip meter)

-the neutral light does not light (but the turn signals do sometimes)

-the fuel gauge does not light up (I assume there is one, correct?)

What advice can you give to troubleshoot?

Michele

I just bought my 2006 Sportster 1200 Low and everything is great except:

-the speedometer doesn't move and is obviously not tracking miles (the back light is on and I can see the digital miles and I can change to the trip meter)

-the neutral light does not light (but the turn signals do sometimes)

-the fuel gauge does not light up (I assume there is one, correct?)

What advice can you give to troubleshoot?

Michele

Michele

Your speedo could be the result of build up on the speed sensor which can be cleaned but usually requires replacement in the long run.

Harley Davidson Community

The neutral light could be a bad neutral switch on the trans causing it not to work or possibly a bad wire in the circuit. Check the fuses also.

You have to fuel check the gauge to see if there is a light or not, probably there is and it may be a bad bulb but again, check the fuses.

Glider, I will check the sensor....i think I read where it is. Regarding the fuses....I took them all out and eyeballed them and they look fine. What do you think?

Back