free website stats program 06 Lowrider blowing headlight fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Lowrider blowing headlight fuse

cow77485

My 06 Lowrider with 3500 miles has blown a headlight fuse. When I replace it the insturment panel shows I have my brights on but neither is on. Bike runs fine and everything else works. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or idea where it might be shorts before I have to pull it all apart?

Thanks in advance.

Check the wires in the headlight plug to be sure they are tight and a good connection and also the integrity of the ground wire for the headlight.

Check the wires in the headlight plug to be sure they are tight and a good connection and also the integrity of the ground wire for the headlight.

I smelled a burnt wire smell one day when getting back from a ride so I sniffed around and found the smell coming from my headlight area. Sure enough, just as you just mentioned, my headlight plug wasn't making good contact and it had heated up a bunch, enough to melt the plastic on about 1/2" of wire. Tightened all the slip-ons and liquid taped the 1/2" and cleaned up the plug and a bit of di-electric and , no more trouble. Just part of keepin my baby "sweet"-- jack

Back