free website stats program 06 FL Reg Recall M-1204 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 FL Reg Recall M-1204

glider.

BOT Machine
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has learned that certain 2006 Touring model motorcycles were assembled with a potentially defective voltage regulator.
In the interest of customer satisfaction, Harley-Davidson has elected to replace the old style voltage regulator (P/N 74505- 06) on all affected motorcycles.
This effort also includes the replacement of all affected P&A chrome voltage regulators.

Required Dealer Action
1. As some motorcycles may have already had the voltage regulator replaced under warranty, and would not require replacement under this program, always check the four digit date code:
a. On stock (black) voltage regulators, the part number (74505-06) and date code are stamped at the rear (just in front of the oil filter). See Figure 1.
b. On P&A chrome voltage regulators, the part number (74622-06) and date code are printed on an adhesive label fixed to the inboard side of the right leg. See Figure 2.
NOTE
For internal purposes, actual part number on the label may be 74623-06 instead of 74622-06.
2. If the date code is between 4205–1406:
a. Replace the stock (black) voltage regulator with that provided in the wave shipment of replacement part kits (P/N 94503).
b. Replace the P&A chrome voltage regulator with that provided in the ordered replacement part kit (P/N 94527).
NOTE
The last two digits of the date code is the year of manufacture, while the first two digits is the week of the year.

How do I know if my 06 Touring is included in the recall M-1204. I have voltage regulator 74505-06, but the dealer says my bike does not have this recall. My regulator is not working at this time and needs to be replaced.

How do I know if my 06 Touring is included in the recall M-1204. I have voltage regulator 74505-06, but the dealer says my bike does not have this recall. My regulator is not working at this time and needs to be replaced.

You can go to HD. com there is a search tab where you enter your VIN number Good Luck:s

Back