free website stats program 06 dyna wideglide custom strange feeling under load | Harley Davidson Forums

06 dyna wideglide custom strange feeling under load

bob cabral

hi everyone I have a 06 dyna wideglide custom pick it up last oct so I been feeling this weird dragging or mis firing feeling under light and med load u feel it more under light load at low speed like someone is randomly tapping the brakes or like it miss firing under acceleration it not steady . so I changed all the fluids and plugs because old plugs were rusty it runs smoother now but still doing the same thing ? its fuel injected I also put in a little fuel injector cleaner measured it to gas to not put too much in still doing it any ideas what it could be ?

1. Tape throttle wide open
  2. Stick wad of paper towel in intake throat behind butterfly
  3. Turn main switch ON
  4. Spray cleaner into outside IAC port while cycling Kill Switch ON.
  5. Repeat #4 several times with min. 10 sec delay between cycles
  6. Remove papertowel wad
  7. Untape throttle
  8. Start engine to clear cleaner spray
  9. Reassemble A/C

Jeff, how does that help? Not disagreeing or anyhin...just asking. Thanks in advance.
-Cracker Scott

well I took off air cleaner and sprayed it down with tpi cleaner replaced dirty air filter and chaned pu
lugs and all the fluids .got better now doing it again ***

It's possible your gas is bad if you haven't put fresh gas in the tank, sounds like something is gumming up the injectors, they may need to be cleaned.

Add a couple oz of Seafoam to the gas, it may clean any junk in the injectors and throttle body.

Also look at the plug wires carefully.
On the FLH model they have been known to rub the seam of the gas tank.
You could use a spray bottle filled with water and while the engine is running spray the wires from end to end to see if it causes a misfire.
Lean condition will do what your describing. Check for vacuum leaks at intake and injector seals.
Try to run the tank down to close to empty and use SeaFoam SF16 as recommended, may take a couple tanks to clean injectors.

Back