free website stats program '06 dyna wg primary bearing | Harley Davidson Forums

'06 dyna wg primary bearing

sgmfisher

does anyone know of a aftermarket fix or replacement for the '06 dyna inside primary cover bearing problem. my 6 speed wg is coming up on 15000 miles and am planning on the hd replacement bearing recommendation, but would much rather fix the problem in a long lasting maner. primary belt drive is not the way I want to go. in the wind.

Pops

Check with the dealer to see if your bearing replacement has been done . From what I heard they changed the supplier for the bearings and anyone that bought an 06 dyna had to bring it in for a bearing replacement on the MOCO.
It was to be every 15K they would replace the bearing but when they changed suppliers they discontinued that.

Hello I hate to tell you they rescinded the bearing change out I got a letter in the mail from the moco in 2006 The fix is with the transmission and the inner primary cover with a dowel pin. They will fix that after many visits to the dealer though. I had mine bearing changed by mistake by dealer at 15k service. I showed the dealer my letter after the fact.

Hello I hate to tell you they rescinded the bearing change out I got a letter in the mail from the moco in 2006

Yes I am aware of that when they upgraded the bearing manufacturer but I mentioned it to the OP in case his was never done.

Thanks

does anyone know of a aftermarket fix or replacement for the '06 dyna inside primary cover bearing problem. my 6 speed wg is coming up on 15000 miles and am planning on the hd replacement bearing recommendation, but would much rather fix the problem in a long lasting maner. primary belt drive is not the way I want to go. in the wind.

Pops

Pops,

You might check out the Baker High Torque Bearing Kit. Changes out the bearing and the race.

BAKER Drivetrain | Premium Drivetrain Upgrades | Pieces Parts

TQ

Maybe I'm too young to understand but I've been dying to know. Why do you end every post with "In the wind"? I'm just curious.

Just an old bikers saying. where you are when you ride. you don't see people on the road, you see them in the wind. i'm an old biker, goes with the name pops. been in the wind about 55 years now. in the wind.

Pops

Finally, with ya'lls answers and responses, was able to run it to ground. Baker drive train makes a high torque bearing kit for the inside primary, about $45.00. Cycle electric makes a alternator kit with the compensator, part of it anyway, that cures the lose bolt problem. no replacement rotor persay, it's either replace the alternator or spot weld the old rotor bolts. At least now I know the answers. Thanks for all your help, input, and patience. If it isn't a shovle head, I'm lost. In the wind.

Pops

Back