free website stats program 06 883 electrical | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 883 electrical

Sonny, I'm having the same problem on my 2000 FXDWG. One day it was fine the next day it had to be jumped. Strange because I just replaced the charging system with a kit. The Speedometer not working was due to a bad regulator the first time. My ignition fuse is fried. And i am not even replacing them at this time. Mine would run about 3 minutes then just die. Cycle the ignition switch and it would start again. Ten seem to get hot and cut off again. Circuit Breaker, they are cheap. The transmission sensor error code went off on mine before it failed, so i'm betting that is it. It was like d01set, when do1clr is standard. I looked up the code and it said transmission sensor low. Which i checked my fluid and it was low. Filling it didn't fix it. One other thing i learned when installing a stator, rotor, and regulator is none of it works when you don't have a solid ground. It took me a day to install a new charging system, and a separate day to figure out why it still was not charging.. The ground on the regulator is a big deal, not grounded to the frame properly is hard to diagnose.... I had to pull my regulator and sand the paint off the bracket that attached the unit to get a solid ground. A bad ground will not only fry the regulator over time, it will do the same to the stator... Usually all starts with a 120 dollar battery. Weak battery will work the system twice as hard and burn it eventually. That was my first lesson. Replace the battery every two years and save a lot of headaches and money.. I have all the same problems your dealing with.. through trial and error I have decided to replace the sensor and circuit breaker. About 90 bucks i think.. Sometimes you can pull the sensor and wipe the metal flakes off and buy some time, sometimes not. What really threw me off was I was blowing the ignition fuse, not the gauges fuse. and my break light is not working... Maybe bulb, it all happened the same day the lights and speedo went out.. Maybe this will give you a different view of the problem. Yes it doesn't make sense that all the different systems are off and on, and the only visible break is in the ignition fuse..

Back