free website stats program 05 Ultra 15,595..... | Harley Davidson Forums

05 Ultra 15,595.....

DYNAGUY

Dealer has it on floor. Its got 19.230 miles on it. Its in A1 shape, True Duals, Screamin Eagle race tune,. Chrome out the Ying Yang. Question is with the miles on this engine is there any problems coming up. One fellow told me cam tenesoners. I told dealer 250.00 month payment was all i can handle. He said come on we write it up. How are the 05 doing out there far as dependabilty.:D

The 05 had problems with valve seals leaking oil into the combustion chambers that needed to be replaced under warranty. The dealer should be able to look this up to see if the repair was done that was backed by the company. At 20K the tensioners should be looked at or done. Usually by 25K the tensioners are ready for replacement in some bikes. Doesn't seem to be a rule of thumb that holds true for all bikes. Make it part of the deal if you are interested in buying the bike and make it clear to the dealer that this is part of the total package if they want to sell it to you.

Now that is interesting. I just got an 05 Electra Glide Standard. I wonder if they had a recall on that situation? How would I find out, and is it to late to have it done?

Glider was this ever a recall? Have a buddy with a 05 Sporster Custom with 4700 miles he bought used and is smoking pretty heavy. I see that they did have a change in the part# from during the year run, the "new" one in balck and orange and is "thicker" in the shoulder area. I am sure they would have been reluctant to fix it for the original owner, much less now. Thanks

That prices seems a little too high for what they are selling for here. Only 3 months from now that will be a 5 year old bike... I think you should push for a little better price. NEVER pay what they are asking... if you do ...then you will overpay.

Dealer has it on floor. Its got 19.230 miles on it. Its in A1 shape, True Duals, Screamin Eagle race tune,. Chrome out the Ying Yang. Question is with the miles on this engine is there any problems coming up. One fellow told me cam tenesoners. I told dealer 250.00 month payment was all i can handle. He said come on we write it up. How are the 05 doing out there far as dependabilty.:D
Please, never negotiate the payment and tell them what you can pay, negotiate on the price and go from there.

Please, never negotiate the payment and tell them what you can pay, negotiate on the price and go from there.

I AGREE !!! Don't be ashamed to negotiate a lower price.. they will not sell below what they have in the bike. Your task is to get them as close to that price as you can.

Around 20,000 miles on an almost 5 year old bike is not really very much - only 4,000 a year. If everything Glider mentioned checks out then go back and negotiate hard on the price. As mentioned, never tell them how much you want to spend per month - they will always make the numbers work and you will regret divulging this figure.

On my 05 EG has had the valve seals done at 19,100 and every time its serviced the service guys tell me that they are espically keeping an eye on the cam tensioner. I have great faith in my dealer and they seem to have had my best interst at heart.:newsmile024:

Back