free website stats program '02 RK, won't start: need help with troubleshooting | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

'02 RK, won't start: need help with troubleshooting

i have this same problem but mine still hasnt started yet..replaced coil,tsm,crank posistion sensor,plugs,checked all fuses,relays and still nothing...turns over but no fire to end of plug..with checker between coil wire and plug has vagely low spark what could be the problem..took it to harley and they said no spark,and cleared computer but still wont crank..

Yep. Starter engages, and I hear the cranking, but there is no "fire"... lacking a better description. Not sure what you mean by "turning over or not starting".

I even tried silly testing it.

Attempt at normal start (everything in place, as it should be):
Starter engages, engine will not turn over. I know the starter is engaging because I also tried starting in gear, WITHOUT pulling in the clutch... bike jumps forward.

Attempt to start with plugs in heads, BUT wires from coil NOT connected:
Same result...Starter engages, engine will not turn over. I also tried starting in gear, WITHOUT pulling in the clutch... bike jumps forward.

In my thinking, that eliminates the starter as the problem. It also means that "no spark" is the problem (because it acts the same, with or without wires connected).

So it HAS to be bad plugs, bad wires, bad coil, or bad crankshaft sensor (which tells the ECM not to let the bike start). Does that sound right?
in the Crankshaft Position Sensor... still wont start.

YOU USE TERMS THAT CONFUSE ME
not starting BUT all works-engine turns or cranks over --no start...???

could it be that the tranny-clutch and starter work but ENGINE IS NOT TURNING OVER it can't be both the way described

Probably sprocket on engine is bad or compensator is not engaging at engine point
YOU SAY starter engages but engine not turning over...DOES THE STARTER MAKE THE NOISE OF TURNING OVER...

IF MOTOR DOESN'T TURN OVER (CRANK) WITH THE STARTER(working) MOVING THE CLUTCH and tranny in gear moves bike forward when engaged ... AND THE MOTOR DOESN'T TURN OVER........ THE PROBLEM IS RIGHT WHERE THE MOTOR SHAFT CONNECTS WITH THE COMPENSATOR.....BAD AT THAT POINT

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE...... This is an old thread,check out post#19 dated Aug.23:D

Back