free website stats program .007runout on new flhx | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

.007runout on new flhx

Take a look at the 4 part "Podcast" at Performance Revolution. Watch all 4 parts. It's a 60 minute education on HD cranks & truing and why they are not straight.
I watched it,very well done.I was gonna let rev.performance do my crank but went with darkhorse because they have done it the longest,also they warranty the crank for 12 months.And also Glider said they do good work.

Hey hoop you can check the runout with out taking the pump loose,you just need to pull the crank gear and the rear cam gear.This will give you a pretty good idea how bad it is.If you want to pull your pump you don't need any alignment tool to put it back together,justput the 4 screws back in the pump and finger tighten them put your bike in 6th gear &rotate the tire while holdin the pump so it will center itself,you'll feel it move a little,then snug the bolts up in a crosswise X pattern after thats done do the final tighten which should be 90-120 in-lbs. Hope this helps.I'm sure someone else can help while i'm gone,if not PM me and i,ll try to help ya whan i get home.

I would hope none of them would take on a life of their own,for20k plus you would think the moto co could get the cranks better than they are now.I like to take trips outwest every year and it kind of worries me that my motor mite take out the oil pump when I'm3000 miles from home, with no trailer.

wonder what the specs are for a jims motor?

The crankshaft and case has been sent to darkhorse crankworks,I cant keep it like that, knowing it could do extensive damage to the motor when i'm on a trip so far from home.peace of mind i guess.

Smart choice. I feel your pain. Good luck:)

I guess it is not cost effective to build the cranks the old way, We never and I mean never had this problem until the Twin Cam motor, tho I still think this problem is not as wide spread as we think, JMO

Back