free website stats program 00-03 HD Codes And Activation | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

00-03 HD Codes And Activation

If the system won't produce any codes then what? The last time the code appeared while riding was July 17th, since then I have not completed 50 cycles. I tried to pull the codes last night but was unsuccessful. I jumped the #1 and #2 with a red connector, fit perfectly. I turned the switch, Fork Lock/Off/Ignition/Access, to Ignition. The red Key light illuminated then went off. Then, I thought I might have done it wrong, I turned everything off, kept the jumper in, turned the switch to ignition, turn the Stop/Run to Run. The Check Engine light came on, then went off, then came back on for 4-6 seconds then went off. After that nothing.

When I get ready to start for riding, the check engine light comes on as it normally would, then goes off for about 4 seconds then comes back on for 4-6 seconds then goes out. This indicates a stored historical code correct?

Thanks,
Jeff

When I get ready to start for riding, the check engine light comes on as it normally would, then goes off for about 4 seconds then comes back on for 4-6 seconds then goes out. This indicates a stored historical code correct?

Thanks,
Jeff

Correct, it should flash out a code stored too.

Well I guess I will have to wait for a code to appear and pull over really quick. If there is a stored code it sure doesn't want to let it go.

Jeff

GPS on Scooter

Does anyone have GPS onboard? What brand, how mounted and do you like it?

I have an Ultra Classic and am thinking of getting one. Might be better than trying to read map at 55. lol

98 Road King codes

Hi my bike will cut out while riding. I've tried to detect a pattern but nothing obvious shows up. I've read the posts about the hoses inside the tank with pin holes but in this case it doesn't make sense. I'm getting code 14 and from my manual it's the ET sensor. My manual is from a FLT series instead of the FLR series. I'm hoping the differences are mostly aesthetics, rather than functional. Can anyone back this up for me? I'd like to look at the wiring or replace the sensor but I want to make sure I'm heading up the path. Any advise would be appreciated.

thanks, dan

The diagrams for the two are very similar. You can check the ET sensor with these specs.

tn561s3.jpg

I know this is an old topic, but I figure it's worth a shot- are there anymore pages of the .pdf manual from the original post available? Specifically looking for the flow chart referenced by code 16 that is supposed to be on page 9-60. Just hoping it might be available to save some time...
I do love my Ultra, but my panheads were so much easier to work on; sure, they broke down more often, but they were only down for a couple hours, and didn't require a computer, or a flow chart!

Just an update from the below statement for anyone in the future with the same problem. I checked the wiring harness thoroughly and then replaced the ET sensor. I took it for several hard rides to ensure the engine temperature was tested and she is running just fine. In fact with the TFI I added and the ET replaced she is running better than before.

Thanks, dan

Hi my bike will cut out while riding. I've tried to detect a pattern but nothing obvious shows up. I've read the posts about the hoses inside the tank with pin holes but in this case it doesn't make sense. I'm getting code 14 and from my manual it's the ET sensor. My manual is from a FLT series instead of the FLR series. I'm hoping the differences are mostly aesthetics, rather than functional. Can anyone back this up for me? I'd like to look at the wiring or replace the sensor but I want to make sure I'm heading up the path. Any advise would be appreciated.

Back