free website stats program FOB Battery | Harley Davidson Forums

FOB Battery

glider.

BOT Machine
Some have asked about changing the FOB battery and how often it should be done. I usually go with about every year to year and a half depending on how much you use the FOB and if it is the smart FOB (button less) or the button type.

The newer bikes with the smart FOB will not start if the battery goes down so it would not be a good idea to let it go until it stops working unless you don't mind getting stuck somewhere.

It's a common battery to find in most electronic stores and other stores too.
Replacement battery for the HD FOB ...

CR2032 Lithium - Rayovac from Wallmart.

HD# 66373-06

As I understand things, the new FOBs are buttonless and work to dissarm the security system when in proximity to the bike. This must mean that they are "live" all the time putting out a signal or "listening" for a signal from the security module in order to respond (not sure exactly how the technology is set up to work). Either way, the smart FOB will be using more juice than the older style manually (or womanually :s) operated FOBs. So I may be able to get away with changing my batteries every two or three years, but you new bike owners should probably stick to annually. And yeah, and get them at Radio Shack or Walmart - HD does NOT make batteries either.

TQ

Back