free website stats program Brake flush! | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake flush!

coopernicus

Contributor
Hey guys and gals. I am about ready to do brake flush on my 2018 ultra limited. I have seen several videos that say you can do it without digital technician on abs if you are very careful not to get air in system. My question is , what if you have abs with linked brakes? Is it still ok to do at home? Thanks in advance.

Well I am finally getting back to you about the brake flush! I did the clutch fluid flush myself and had to loosen all exhaust just to get the clutch cover off! I had some bonus dollars ( hd visa ) so I let dealer do the brakes with digital technician. I paid 100 dollars for brake flush because I did clutch fluid myself. Other dealer wanted full flush price of 150 dollars.

You can do front and rear brake system flush as you would with any early non linked brake system. But you have to keep ignition turned off when flushing. The only issue is that you are unable to cycle the abs valves this prevents you from flushing out the crap in the abs. You can find a local independent shop as long as they havee a scanner. I use the snap on P1000 and this allows you to cycle the front and rear brakes through the abs module after they have been flushed and bled

Back