free website stats program Zipper's Thundermax AutoTune for TBW bikes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Zipper's Thundermax AutoTune for TBW bikes

Yes the T/max is a lot of $ ,but then again you are buying a Beta system ,another words you are getting a new ECM and autotune module/with WB sensors . unlike a PC that cuts in to the delphi system ,or unlike the SE race tuner that is a one bike install only where as the T/max can go with you when you decide to get a new bike. So for what you are getting v/s other products of this degree in tuners really is not a bad price ,and I am sure you will be able to purchase this unit for under 900.oo though there dealers when it is released ,the only negitive I can see with the beta systems is you will lose your knock sensors ,so careful attention must be paid to your timing . one reason is gas mixtures vary from state to state ,this is one of the reasons why some people have issues with canned maps and need to tweek

Bottom line, perspective buyer can justify just about anything he wants. The real tale of the tape is actual technical testimony from users with similar or identical setups to your bike. Not too many people mention the # of dyno runs in order to get the final map sorted out, diagnostic (down time), and running a bike wide open throttle that many times I would imagine does not do the bike, especially a new one that well...JMHO.

Last edited:
Yes the T/max is a lot of $ ,but then again you are buying a Beta system ,another words you are getting a new ECM and autotune module/with WB sensors . unlike a PC that cuts in to the delphi system

The PCV w/ Autotune replaces the stock O2 sensors w/ wideband sensors. I know this for a fact because I installed mine last week, they're about .5" longer than stock O2 sensors and they're tough to get into the bungs.

I agree w/ you totally. I'm not willing to pay $1K for a beta system that is not proven. If I have a problem withy my PCV, I can remove it and plug my stock ECM back in and ride on. My HD Stage 2 download is still in the ECM. And, I can transfer the PCV to any bike or borrow/rent my autotuner out to anyone that can't find a good map for their bike. I am SO impressed with autotune it isn't even funny, it's an awesome product. Once I figured out that I needed to turn it in via the PCV software (I'm a little slow), I noticed an instantaneous improvement.

Yes the T/max is a lot of $ ,but then again you are buying a Beta system ,another words you are getting a new ECM and autotune module/with WB sensors . unlike a PC that cuts in to the delphi system ,or unlike the SE race tuner that is a one bike install only where as the T/max can go with you when you decide to get a new bike.
A "beta system" would indicate it's in a stage of testing subsequent to initial (alpha) ones, but it'd still be at a pre-production level of development. The only thing very "beta" about the DBW units would be their control interfaces/routines for the throttle blade controller. Not many companies beside Microsoft can get away very long with selling "beta" stuff as "production-ready".

So, when you get your new bike and take your T-Max off the old one, do you leave the breathing parts on with an improper state of tune, or maybe spring for some download or other type of tuner for it, or do you put it all back to stock, or maybe something else?

Back