free website stats program zippers auto tune | Harley Davidson Forums

zippers auto tune

2006FXDCI

I am thinking of putting a zippers auto tune on my 06 dyna has anyone used this tuner before and if so would you make the same choice to buy it again?

I have it on my 07 FXST, I love it and yes I recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the info I was a little hesitant to purchase it due to the price but if it works like it says it does then I shouldn't need any time on the dyno for tuning that i would need to do if I buy the pc111 or the sert.

My softail ran poorly from the day I bought it. Harley did the smooth down load thing, NG results. Tried the IED gadget, NG results. Tried SE race fueler, NG results. Bought Thunder Max A/T, the bike runs perfect, starts instantly, idles smoothly, has all the get up and go I need and gets good mileage.

Did I say it runs great?

It's sad Harley can't get them to run well from the factory.

Al

Thanks for the info I was a little hesitant to purchase it due to the price but if it works like it says it does then I shouldn't need any time on the dyno for tuning that i would need to do if I buy the pc111 or the sert.
I bought my thundermax on ebay last year from easternperformance cycle. They had it listed for 800 dollars (I think) I made them a low ball offer of $600 and after a bit of haggling, got it for $680. I couldn't believe it when they accepted, but it was a great deal and I couldn't pass it up.
For me $800 is a bit much, but when you price a PC III or SERT + Dyno run your at about 6 or 7 hundred, so it was a no brainer for me.
I couldn't be happier with the results of putting on my Thundermax w/ Autotune.

I got 1 on my '07 SE Ultra with the 110 motor.
The bike runs better & cooler, although some dealers don't like to warranty bikes using the Zippers TMAT.

Took a while to learn all the settings....

I just had the T-Max installed when I had the bike in the shop for a 95" build and head porting. A closed loop system seemed to be the ideal solution dealing with performance upgrades associated the need for dyno time. What "settings" do I need to worry about? I thought the idea was to set the idle and the AFR=13 and let it adjust automatically?

I just had the T-Max installed when I had the bike in the shop for a 95" build and head porting. A closed loop system seemed to be the ideal solution dealing with performance upgrades associated the need for dyno time. What "settings" do I need to worry about? I thought the idea was to set the idle and the AFR=13 and let it adjust automatically?
you can set it like that and it will run fine, but you can also fine tune it. you have the option to fine tune it, and set the AFR to the 32 throttle positions for every 256 RPM's from 0 rpm to 7936 RPM's. There's also some basic setting that can be modified to your personal preferences. those include things like, Idle rpm, engine temp alarm setting, decel fuel cutoff settings, and Rev limit. You don't need to "Worry" about those things if your bike is running fine and someone else installed the T-Max then your prolly fine.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure I'll pop the seat and hook it up to the laptop to check out how it is setup. I may tinker if I come across any questionable settings but expect to let it sort itself out for a consistent AFR objective.

I really doubt the shop set it up to run at one afr for all throttle positions and rpms. That's not the most practical way to set up a bike ridden on the street. They probably just loaded on the closest Zippers base map. The base maps all ready have the AFR curves set up for all rpms. There's a lot more to read in the PDF instructions that come with the Smart Link software than in the 2 pages of paper instructions that come with the ECM. I would at least look through the PDF version be4 changing any settings.

Back